Thursday, January 10, 2008

I'm a cleaning fool this week



OMG... I don't know what's come over me! And I know my husband isn't complaining..lol. It's sad to say and I will be the first to admit, I had fallen SERIOUSLY behind on my house chores.
Last week I stripped and waxed the floors at the office. That was a project I didn't expect to be so hard, but it needed to be done. The difference is night and day. Next time, I will call in the professionals.
This week I have been purging files and receipts for 2007 and boxing those up...which then turned into a massive re-organization of our storage room and closet. It felt so good walking into the office yesterday.
Then last night, I started on the house. Trying to go through all the Christmas gifts and finding new homes for stuff. I was up till well past 2 am. It carried over into this morning and since the kids are at school, I decided to stay home to go through the mini TRU in their bedroom & playroom to get rid of stuff they don't play with, broken toys, etc. I've also been able to find the bottom of my laundry hamper, which NEVER happens. I have just one load left in the dryer. Once I fold those, I'll be heading into the office. I was tempted to clean Matthew's room, but just as quickly as I walked in there, I walked right back out. It's scary...lol. I'll keep the door closed.
WOW...it's amazing what a nice, clean house will do for your mental well being :P


No comments: